Dan O’Connor, partner with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, has been with the firm since 2016. He specializes in serving commercial clients and has over sixteen years of tax compliance and consulting experience in public accounting, with a focus in federal taxation.
- Specializes in both C corporation and pass-through entity tax return engagements
- Oversees compliance and consulting related process related to multi-state and international income taxes
- Extensive background in ASC740 working with both private and public entities
- Represented his clients before Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities in audit defense
- Assisted his clients with tax planning related to business acquisitions and/or divestiture
- Identifies and implements tax planning strategies such as accounting method changes, domestic production activity deduction, meals and entertainment, research and development credit, estimated tax payment planning and shareholder/partner level tax planning
- Assist clients with tax cash flow forecasts
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants (WICPA)
- Treasurer and Director, The Captain Frederick Pabst Mansion, Inc.
University of Wisconsin‒Whitewater
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting