Byron Sohovich is a director in Baker Tilly’s government contractor advisory services group. He joined the firm in 2015 with over 32 years of experience working for R&D contractors with respect to federal government-sponsored research and development, commercialization and venture spinouts.
His expertise encompasses the complete government contracting process, including provisional bidding and billing rates preparation, final incurred cost claims, and formal submissions to the federal government. Byron also advises clients on FAR cost principles, business system compliance, forward pricing rates and final indirect rate negotiations.
Prior to joining the firm, Byron was Director of Government Accounting Practices at Battelle Memorial Institute. There he managed the relationships with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and the divisional administrative contracting officer (DACO) and was responsible for disclosure statements, incurred cost submissions, allowable cost reviews, provisional bidding and billing rate agreements, DCAA audits and DFARS business systems rule compliance.
- Analyzes adequacy of business and operational strategy and identifies cost-effective controls and strategy-strengthening solutions
- Consults on strategy development and decision analysis for indirect rates, contractor business system compliance and resolution of audit issues
- Specializes in the full spectrum of government negotiations with significant experience in DCAA and DACO negotiations
- National Contract Management Association (NCMA), Member
- National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA), Member
University of Dayton
Master of Business Administration
Franciscan University of Steubenville
Bachelor of Science in accounting and business administration