Anne Vanderkamp has significant experience providing litigation support and investigative services for trial lawyers, in-house counsel and trustees throughout the dispute process. She has advised clients and counsel in expert witness assignments related to bankruptcy, construction claims, fraud allegations, lost profit and damage issues, post-merger and acquisition disputes and shareholder disputes. Anne’s industry experience includes automotive, banking, biotechnology/pharmaceutical, education, energy, financial services, food and beverage, gaming, insurance, manufacturing and distribution, oil and gas, real estate/construction, and retail.
Anne has led teams in performing complex financial analyses and asset tracing assignments. She has performed forensic investigations relating to embezzlement, financial statement fraud, and business fraud in merger and acquisition transactions. She has performed complex analyses of costs associated with breaches of contracts, analyses of increased construction costs and project cost growth, and lost profits calculations. Additionally, she has led teams in performing analyses relating to insolvency, fraudulent conveyance, and preferences.
Anne has led teams in the preparation of expert reports reflecting professional opinions, assisted counsel with the discovery process, developed strategy, and prepared witnesses for deposition and trial testimony. She has advised clients and counsel in dispute resolution forums, including settlement negotiations, arbitrations, mediations, and federal, state, and bankruptcy courts. Anne has also provided trial testimony in federal court.
Before joining Baker Tilly, Anne held positions at Tucker Alan, Inc., Navigant Consulting, Inc. and Stout Risius Ross, Inc. Most recently, she was a managing director at Mesirow Financial.
- Serves as the financial advisor to the Governance Committee of the Board of Directors of Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, Inc. (CEOC), in the CEOC bankruptcy. Retained to advise the Governance Committee regarding potential causes of action between or among CEOC, its direct and indirect shareholders, subsidiaries and affiliates. Analyzed transactions between CEOC and affiliated entities, asset dispositions and closures, financing transactions, and intercompany agreements and transfers. Analyzed the exchange of value and activities undertaken by the directors and officers in connection with planning and negotiating the transactions and addressing related strategic objectives.
- Retained as the financial advisor to the examiner of Residential Capital, LLC (ResCap), a leading real estate finance company, during ResCap's Chapter 11 restructuring. Conducted an investigation as to the potential causes of action and activities of the officers and directors of ResCap and its parent, Ally Financial Inc., and Cerberus Management and their affiliates, in connection with pre-petition and post-petition transactions, agreements, transfers, loans, claims, releases, settlements, and the relationships among the involved parties. Wrote various sections of the Examiner's 2,200 page report, and led teams in performing underlying financial analyses. Managed the discovery process on behalf of the examiner, which involved approximately 9 million documents received from over 20 parties and over 80 interviews of involved parties.
- Engaged by counsel to Tronox Inc., a multinational manufacturer and marketer of specialty chemicals, and the Anadarko Litigation Trust. Analyzed fraudulent conveyance claims related to the debtors' spin-off from Kerr-McGee Corp, an oil and gas exploration and production company. Prepared expert reports and assisted in the preparation of deposition and trial testimony regarding reasonably equivalent value and damages.
- Retained by counsel on behalf of the Liquidating Trustee of Sentinel Management Group (Sentinel), a futures commission merchant. Led teams in the preparation of expert reports regarding Sentinel’s financial condition and the circumstances which led to its collapse. Assisted in the preparation of deposition and trial testimony in connection with litigation matters against a bank, an auditing firm and certain customers/counterparties. Provided trial testimony in the criminal case against Sentinel’s former CEO.
- Association of Fraud Examiners, member
- Chicago Bar Foundation’s Young Professionals Board, member
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation, Chicago network, chair
- American Bankruptcy Institute, member
- M&A Advisor “40 Under 40”, 2015
University of Notre Dame
Bachelor of Business Administration