By living our values of Integrity, Passion, and Stewardship, we have created a remarkable culture.
We are honored that our employees consistently recognize Baker Tilly as a great place to work both regionally and nationally. Recognition doesn’t spring from any one program or practice we offer; rather, it is the result of the things we do every day. It is based on a career at Baker Tilly filled with such experiences and benefits as:
- Progressive responsibility and autonomy early in and throughout your career
- A tremendously diverse and dynamic client base
- Opportunities abroad through our international secondment program
- Challenging assignments that encourage you to stretch toward new capabilities
- Direct and personal access to leaders at all levels in the firm
- The resources of a growing national firm with the personal attention of a smaller organization
- Flexibility to work in a way that makes sense for you and your clients
- An explicit commitment to your professional development and growth with regular classroom, on-the-job, experiential, and self-directed learning opportunities
- Fun: from intramural sports teams and impromptu office Wii tournaments to post-busy season celebrations and team outings
Participation in our communities is not only an important element of our commitment to Stewardship-but also part of what makes Baker Tilly exceptional. Our HERO program (Helping Enrich Relationships through Outreach) encourages partners and employees (individually or through a team) to donate their time to their favorite charitable initiatives. And, we often do this as a Baker Tilly team. We are proud of the thousands of service hours given by partners and employees each year.
“Through Baker Tilly’s HERO program, I was able to participate in the annual Tour de Force, an annual charity cycling event benefiting the families of police officers killed in the line of duty. This year, I was among 250 cyclists for the US and other countries who rode from Ground Zero, New York to the Boston Marathon finish line. The course was challenging, but the pain of the climbing hills paled in comparison to the pain and efforts experienced by the victims of 9-11 and the responders who attempted to save them.”
- Anne P., Manager
We are proud to partner with Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan. Being able to help nourish communities by feeding those who are hungry, especially kids, is important to the people at Baker Tilly. We recently sponsored three events hosted by the not-for-profit that helped raise over 350,000 meals for children. While the economy shows signs of improvement, many people still need help with the basics. Our teams have worked hard to extend a helping hand and we feel great doing it.
Since 2011, the Minneapolis construction and real estate industry team has partnered with the Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity and other local companies to help build homes for those in need. Everyone gets involved, from partners to staff. It is a rewarding experience to spend time together as a team outside of work and make a difference in our community.